May 22, 2008

The Pig Place

So, it's been awhile. My bad! My new camera is well on its way and will be arriving next Wednesday. Yay! I'm pretty excited, except I don't even have a memory card to go with it. My wonderful boyfriend is buying me one though. (: So, a lot of summer adventures will be logged. Anyway, this post will be reviewing the wonderful Pig Place, or more formally known as Hae Jang Chon. It's in K-Town (located in downtown L.A.). I didn't quite discover this place on my own. Rather, a couple of my friends insisted I haven't had real Korean BBQ if I didn't have rice paper with it and continued to insist that we had to go there after our shopping spree at Beverly Center. I was pretty skeptical at first; it looked like any other Korean BBQ place I had been to. But just one taste of this, and the Pig Place had me going back weekend after weekend. I think half the reasons why I go home to Los Angeles so much is to eat. The other half of the reason is to escape this jail cell called UC San Diego.

On with the post!
^ Chris, sitting outside on the bench. We were waiting for our friends to come. Our other friends came from their own foodie adventure. Well, hardly food. They went to do the spicy tuna challenge and came back with x-large drinks and a bottle of Pepto Bismol.



Choi and Kim with their Big Gulp and Pepto Bismol after their Spicy Tuna adventure, jealously eyeing our Korean BBQ that they couldn't possibly stomach after all those habanero spices. =D That's how the it got started -- Onion, Kimchi, Kimchi Pancake, and BEEF. The aroma was super amazing. It still is, after the third and fourth trip. =)

After finishing off three plates of Korean BBQ, the grand finale was the Kimchi fried Rice. It's my favorite part. The flavor is ... it's just wonderful. All the flavor from the meat grease, all that kimchi, the pancake -- it was a carb/grease heaven. YAY. To balance it off, there was also a Kimchi Miso soup (I think). It was alright. By the time I go to the soup, I was pretty full and couldn't down anymore.

I think the thing about Korean BBQ is having friends with you. It's the conversation and the meat. +) So wonderfullly delicioussssss.


No comments: